Running an online Apache event
If you want to run your community event on Apache’s online events platform, here’s what you need to know.
- Contact us at email@example.com to begin talking about your event.
- We have an account on the Hopin platform
- Hosted events must be aproved by one or more Apache project PMCs. Provide a pointer to the discussion on your PMC mailing list for verification.
- Events can be as long as 72 hours. There’s no limit on the number of tracks or sessions you can run during that time.
- Please provide an estimated number of attendees. While we know this can be very hard to estimate, getting some idea of how many attendees you’ll have helps us with budget, since we pay per seat.
- You will need to identify an event chair, who will be the primary contact person for communicating with the Conferences Committee. This helps to avoid miscommunication and contradictory decisions.
- Your event chair must subscribe to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list for the duration of event planning, so that you can be informed about updates to policy, platform, and so on. Any questions you have about any aspect of the online events process should be asked there. This ensures that your question will be seen by more than one person. It also ensures that the answers are archived and available to other communities who are trying to solve the same problems.