Roadshow Bid Process
This is intended to document the bid process for running/hosting a Roadshow. In particular, if you want ASF budget for it.
You need, at a minimum
- Event chair
- Must be an ASF member
- Must be resident in the city where the event is proposed
- Volunteers to support (how many?)
- City/Venue selected
- University cities are preferred
- Local tech firms that can sponsor?
- Local keynote suggestion
- Proposed timeline, starting with CFP, going through schedule, speaker notification, the event, and the post-event
- Leads on sponsorship helpful
- Contribute to event “runbook” as output from the event
To run a roadshow or other small event without ASF budget, you only need to: